With millions of businesses competing for search engine prominence, sometimes you could hardly tell if your marketing strategy is having any effect at all. You’ll need a couple of things in order to measure or gauge how effective your marketing methods are and the good news is they can all be found online too! Some of these tools are free to use thanks largely to the generosity of big companies like Google, Facebook and others. Once you’ve determined where your business is going by measuring the effectiveness of your strategy in quantifiable terms, then you’ll be able to make more informed decisions.
Measuring How Effective Your Marketing Plan is in 5 Different Ways
In order to know that your marketing methodology is working you will need to use tools that deliver impeccable results and accurately track your progress. The things that you need to observe closely are your financial capital, annual expenditures, operation costs, taxes, employee compensation and benefits and your net return-on-investment (ROI). The 5 best ways to track your marketing effectiveness include:
- Facebook Page Insights – if you’ve got a fanpage or business page on Facebook, then all you’ve got to do is to check out the Insights to see the customer interaction and how well your content is doing online. Sales and profits are apparently determined by the number of people who are interested in your products or services and the more you get the more likely you are going to make a profit.
- Google Analytics – is one of the best tools created by Google that is crucial to business success. basically if your marketing campaign can generate leads, then Analytics will tell you about it in detail and the best thing about it is that it’s free!
- WordPress and Other Proprietary Web Statistical Programs – there are also free statistical programs/widgets that can be incorporated to your site so that you can track its progress. Other than Google, WordPress has its own stats indicator and is very much accurate like its counterpart. You can use it to see how well your marketing strategy is doing.
- Dial800.com – you can also track the efficiency of your marketing ideas by setting up multiple 1-800 numbers in your ads where people could call. It’s like this: you place an ad, you do it by giving out flyers, or send it thru mail or advertise it on TV. Then you put 3 different 1-800 numbers on each ad and then count the number of calls you got per ad. The ad that comes back with the most number of calls is the most successful marketing means and which you need to focus on.
- The Rise and Fall of the Number of Customers and their Demographics – you can also look directly at the number of purchases you had per month or year and see how many customers you’ve gained or lost or whether no changes occurred throughout your marketing campaign. In some cases customers give out their details and you can also use that to track the demographics of your consumers. You can plot out graphs and charts based on the information you have gathered about your customers and then use it to improve your strategy in the future.
The tools to track the effectiveness of your marketing campaign are many but the need to track effectiveness is crucial. Because, without analytics, you’re just shooting in the dark!